Monday, March 24, 2008

Why I CELEBRATE Easter

I have SO much to post/ blog about from our AMAZING vacation this past week, but I want to take a moment to acknowledge Easter.
We were traveling home yesterday, which was Easter Sunday.
Saturday we (and by "we", I mean Mark) drove from Angel Fire, NM to North Plat, NE. And that was more than enough driving for one day:) So Easter morning we woke up in a hotel in NE, drove thru Starbucks, and headed out again. We thought about finding a church to pop into along the way home, but Easter Sunday at any given church tends to be nuts, and we knew where our hearts were yesterday.
Our hearts were with Jesus, and ALL that He did, sacrificed and fulfilled for each and every one of us who make the free-will choice to believe in Him, and accept His gift of grace, to live for eternity with Him in Heaven.
I am just so humbled when I realize that I have the privilege of laying down all of my cares, concerns, worries, fears, successes, achievements, delights and praises at the foot of the Cross.
And I mean at the foot of the Cross.
Not looking at a cross on a hill and imagining placing all of those things there. I mean, getting up to the foot of the Cross, where Christ's redemptive blood will drip down on to me.
From a human perspective, it is not always pretty. But from an eternal perspective, it is glorious and beautiful. I am so humbled that Jesus loves me exactly as I am, for exactly who I am. He created me!
He knows the good, the bad, and, well, the ugly. And yet, He is sitting at the right hand of the Father, right now, this very moment, pleading on my behalf. THAT is amazing love.
Our family missed church yesterday, but I want to share with you the video that was shown in service.
click here
May God's peace and grace be with you always, through the redemptive blood of Christ.
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Amy. Thank you for sharing :)

Angela said...

AMEN!