Monday, December 3, 2007

This is harder than I thought

Being a "yes Mom" is harder than I thought.
Our 2 sweet girls are not content when I give in to one thing. They want to find out if I will give in to two, three, four, or more!
And Isabella and Lisi never being satisfied leaves me running, running, running.
At some point I have to say "no", simply out of necessity because I cannot satisfy their every whim all of the time.
So should I be saying "no" before the 'crazy cycle' begins????
That is what I have always tried to do, but it has left me feeling like the "mean mom", and on my own.
Sorry that I am dumping on you in the blog-o-sphere. It is just what is on my mind right now.

3 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Don't give in!! Hang in there!! You are sooo not a mean mom!!! I feel like I am the mean mom because my kids still do NOT have any toys in their rooms!!! Kotah has lost the watching a movie priv MANY times!! I am wondering if it will get better!!! Some days better than others, but you know that! Hang in there!! We need to stick it out! (I know, I know, MUCH easier said than done!!!) I am praying for you!!! Let me know if I can take them off your hands for a while!!!! PROMISE!!!!!!!

Sleep, what's that??? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MelindaBeth said...

You are a GREAT mom!!!!!!!! DOn't get down on yourself. All of them have a mind of their own sometimes!!! (I'm just lucky that right now, I can send all of mine home after 3 hours!)

You are WONDERFUL!1!