Saturday, December 1, 2007

Just for the record...

I cry "uncle" when it comes to disciplining Isabella and Lisi. I mean, I will still discipline, but not the way that I have in the past. Not in the way that you have seen on this blog. Lisi has all of her clothes back, and her books and artwork are soon to follow. Isabella has Eggos and syrup in the kitchen for breakfast. I totally cry "uncle". I am not happy about it, but I am hoping to have a happier family, and, hopefully, that will have an over-all positive effect.
And just for the record, Lisi's attitude has not had a 180 turn-around, and Isabella is not eating any better. This Momma is simply worn down and worn out. I have a great husband, but he is not so keen on discipline or consistency, and I cry "uncle" on trying to think that I can do it on my own.
So if you see my sweet girls being really naughty, know that this Mom will just kindly smile and look the other way...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm sorry that you are worn out :( Parenting is so hard and I admire you so much! Don't be too hard on yourself-I know you are a GREAT mom. I tend to be a little too much of a peacemaker, and you have inspired me by your strength and tenacity. You inspire me to be a more consistant mommy.

Anonymous said...

never never never never give up!

Lori Eilers said...

I think you need a hug! Like Jen said ~ You are a great mom and God will lead you.

Alyseia La'Belle said...

Hang in there, friend! I pray that God will give you the strength and happy family that you seem to deserve. :)