Thursday, February 21, 2008

DoctorsNOW

There are few things that I love more than a good idea, and this is a good idea!
With the girls both being sick this week, and me having a sore throat on and off, I thought maybe I should have a doctor check us out.
But if I take them to the pediatrician, I cannot be seen. The nurse will not even take a peek in my throat. That means 2 trips with 2 sick kidd0s.
So this morning I went on-line to see what I could find out about a new place I saw near Prairie Life Gym called Doctors Now.
WOW!!! It is a walk-in clinic, but it is so stream-lined~ a fabulous experience, I must say!
I filled out all of our "paper-work" and insurance information on-line.
Within 5 minutes of submitting the information, I got a phone call (which I was not expecting~ since it is a walk-in clinic, I was just going to 'walk in', and I was getting the girls in the car when the phone rang), and the receptionist at the clinic was asking at what time they could expect us. I said I was walking out the door, and would be there in 20 minutes. "Perfect!", she said!
I think we waited maybe 10 minutes once we got there, and then all 3 of us were seen together.
We were back home in less than 1 1/2 hours.
Amazing.
That said, despite symptoms and generally not feeling well, none of us have anything treatable.
I guess that is the good news, but, honestly, after 6 days of fever and runny noses, I am ready for this to be OVER, or to get meds to make this be OVER!!
But I know that most anyone who is reading this is also feeling my frustration...
Calgon, take me away....

3 comments:

becky said...

i love that place. we've been there three times and it's been great each time. we always get right in to see a doctor and each doctor has been so nice to the boys.

isn't is sad that this is now considered something unusual? at our regular family physician we usually end up waiting 45 minutes - hour after our appointment jus to get in...

yeah for Doctor's NOW!!!

Lori Eilers said...

So sorry to hear you are all still not feeling well! I wish I could do something for you but since I'm house bound, I'll do the best thing and PRAY! Love you all...can you feel my online hug?

amain said...

Becky, what is SAD is that you have had to visit DoctorsNOW 3 times:(
But it is just so quick, convenient, professional...
and again I have to add, it was WONDERFUL for our entire family to be able to be seen in one, quick, unplanned visit.