Tuesday, February 26, 2008

a parents dream come true...

Tonight we were sitting at the table, eating dinner as a family, and before Mark and I were finished, Isabella & Lisi each asked to be excused. They had not eaten much dinner, but they are both still getting healthy, and have been tired and not much appetite. So we excused them from the table and asked them to play quietly while we finished our dinner.
All was quiet, so Mark and I just kept talking, and getting caught up on life.
A little after 6:30pm we got up to clear the table, and it was SO quiet, went to find the girls.
Isabella was asleep on the couch with several stuffed animals tucked under her arm.
Lisi had actually put herself to bed!
So we covered Isabella with a blanket, and even though she is still in her school clothes, we are hoping she will sleep until the morning!
Now tell me that is not a parents dream come true?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can I have some of this???????? My kids are wired when they go to bed and wired when they get up (early, very early). My mom said it is my just punishment for waking up every day with the sun when I was little.

amain said...

Lucky for me, I think they are both still in the final stages of getting healthy, and not at full-on energy:)
Bedtime is never a hassle at our house, but I am always so very tired by then. And, YES, they wake up WAAAAAY too early....
I still think we need a full-on girls weekend at the Sheraton!!!