Sunday, February 10, 2008

Welcome Baskets for Ruth Harbor



MANY, MANY thanks to all of you, my girlfriends, who came over Friday night and contributed to the 'welcome baskets' for future residents of Ruth Harbor. The bags over-flow-ith:) (That was my attempt to make it sound 'Bible like'. KJV, that is!)
I know if I begin to list what all is in each of these bags I will leave something, and the wonderful someONE who thought to bring, out, and that is not my intent. What I really want to say is THANK YOU and assure you that I noticed how much you cared.
Ruth Harbor has a new resident moving in tomorrow, and I am SO excited to be hand-delivering these bags tomorrow. In the 3 years that Jordan Creek Family Church has been making these welcome baskets, I have never delivered one in person. Selfishly, I would love to have that happen tomorrow.
The house mom at Ruth Harbor mentioned to me recently that one of the residents had asked her if people did nice things for the women living there because we pity them. Oh my goodness!!! If only she knew it is the exact opposite! For myself, I admire these women more than words, or bags filled with thoughtful goodies, could ever express.
If you are reading this and have no idea what Ruth Harbor is, check out the website here.
If you are familiar with Ruth Harbor and would like to continue to support this ministry, contact the director here.
And remember to mark your calendars for the 3rd annual Walk For Life, Saturday, May 10th @ 9:30am. It is a great fund-raiser, and a good time to be had by all!!!
Thank you, my friends!

7 comments:

hahainlala said...

Okay, it brought me to tears to hear that any those girls would think that the reason someone did something nice for them is out of pity:( What JCFC does for those girls is so much more than just some nice things in a bag. It shows the girls that there are people who truly care about them.

I am too far away to take place in the walk, but we will proudly be sponsoring the Main family again this year:)

Love,
yfc

amain said...

Woo Hoo!! Thank you SO much not just for sponsoring our family, but for catching the vision of what Ruth Harbor is all about:)

love yfc

Angela said...

I thought the turn out on Friday was amazing and wonderful! And, it was a lot of fun, to boot! Thanks for arranging everything! I'm looking forward to another fun walk this year with lots more folks on our "team!" I'll be 38 weeks prego ... with any luck, that walk will kick some things into gear, if ya know what I mean!! :-)

amain said...

Mother's Day WOULD be a perfect day to have a babe!!

Jena said...

That was such a blast! What a wonderful ministry to sponsor! Thanks for having us all over. I will mark my calendar for May 10th!

Our Walk Through Life said...

Amy, thanks for the link. I have been looking around, maybe we can get volunteers for Community and Coffee too. I'll have to see...
Jessi

Anonymous said...

Had so much fun!!! Marking the calendar for May 10th as well :)