Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How Much Do I Really NEED????

OK, I was not going to admit to this 'challenge' I have placed upon myself. Honestly, I was too afraid of failing~ and I had not even begun! But when I mentioned it to (my favorite cousin) Heather, she immediately said that I need to blog about this. She said that someone else might be inspired to take up the challenge with me.
I guess that by blogging this, I am creating accountability. I am not sure that accountability is what I really want...
So here is the deal. I am trying, no I am going to, curb my spending for the month of October.
Whew. Wrote it. So much easier to go on now...
I am going to curb my spending for the month of October.
Groceries~ Yes.
A killer deal on a t-shirt at Target~ No.
And if you know me, you know that I am all about finding a good deal at Target:)
But for the month of October, good deal or not, I am not buying it.
Whew. I think I need to write that a few more times for it to really sink in.
I am not going to buy it.
I am not going to buy it.
I am not going to buy it.
Included in this challenge is to at the very least cut back on the number of purchases at Caribou and Starbucks. I mean, my cutie husband bought me a sweet coffee machine! I need to be using that more, and the drive thru less.
I am not going to buy it.
I am not going to buy it.
I am not going to buy it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you crack me up! actually, michael & i have been thinking about the same thing. what stuff do we really need? so tempting, though, when Target has melamine plates on clearance...

ps - did you know Caribou just closed all of their locations in Omaha this weekend? apparently it was so abrupt that the employees didn't even know. have we really reached java saturation in o-town? say it ain't so!

Melinda said...

We have actually designated "no spending" days, when we want to cut back. Of course, that doesn't mean that you make up for it on the other days...:o)

hahainlala said...

I am SOOO proud of you for blogging about this:):):) I am with you 110% and my friend Melissa is joining us on a month of purchasing only necessities. Along with this commitment I am going to try and "declutter" the house...wish me luck!!! Hey, think you could blog a weekly update??? Yes, I know I talk to you daily, but it is SOOOO much fun to read your blog:):)

Love,
yfc Heather
xoxo

Jenn said...

Okay count me in, I soooo need to be in on this plan. After we left you at lunch today Cale and I went to Target $90 later we left. I stopped for a quick prescription (this is not included in the $90) and got sucked into so many things I desperately needed. My one exception has to be for my upcoming anniversary....make me stick to it.

Jena said...

Thank you Amy Main! I want to be like you :) I need to pray for some super strength so I can go about this...

amain said...

Oh, friends, man am I going to need you to get me thru this month! I wanted to do it 'in secret' so that I would have no accountability, and when I shopped, oh well...
Please tell me that the first few days are the hardest!

Lori Eilers said...

I'm so proud of you! We are to be good stewards of all God has blessed us with and I KNOW He will reward you in some way for your committment to be careful with the $$$. It may not be a reward in "stuff" but a reward none the less! Hang in there, I know it will get easier!

Jenn said...

so so so proud of myself. Today I went to the mall and RETURNED something and didn't even buy anything. We window shopped a little for anniversary ideas. Yea me!

amain said...

I am so PROUD of you!!!