Monday, January 21, 2008

Home from Hong Kong



My (LUCKY!) brother, Alex, has been in Hong Kong since just after Christmas. I MISS HIM!!! But, thankfully, he should be landing back in the ol' U.S. of A. later today. Bummer that he will be going straight to Iowa City and we will not be able to see him, but at least we will know he is 'home'.
These are a few pix that he e-mailed while he was in Hong Kong. His first few days there he was able to stay with a friend that he met last summer when he was studying in Spain (did I mention that he is LUCKY?!?!?!). She is from Hong Kong, so Alex was able to stay out of the city in a more British area of the country. He said it was a very cool experience, and that he really enjoyed her family, too.
Then he was going on to meet up with the other MBA students on this 3 week trip. They were also going to mainland China. I cannot wait to hear all about his adventures!!!
Welcome Home, Unky Alex! We LOVE you, and we have MISSED you!!!

3 comments:

hahainlala said...

Okay, so who is the girl with Alex in the 2nd picture?? I hope that's his girlfriend...she's a cutie:):):) Sounds like such a great trip I can't wait to hear more about it.

Love,
yfc

Lori Eilers said...

Very cool. What a great opportunity...once in a lifetime!

amain said...

the girl is the one from Hong Kong, and other than the fact that if she were his girlfriend my chances of getting him to live in Iowa forever would be SHOT!, I totally hope she is his girlfriend:)