Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My 1.5 seconds of fame

Mark and I joined ALOT of friends (there was a HUGE turned out, and so many people that we knew!) at Wakonda Club New Year's Eve for a "meet & greet" with Mike Huckabee. We were surprised at how many media trucks were in the parking lot when we arrived, and further surprised when a reporter asked to interview me!! Afterward I called my Mom & favorite cousin Heather to ask them to Tivo Good Morning America at 7am New Year's Day. I mean, who is watching the news at that time on that day???
Well, I had my 1.5 seconds of fame when I appeared on ABC at 7:04am.
At best, I would have thought you would have known to look for me to even notice, but then Heather called to tell me that her Dad called her to ask, if by chance, I had been on the national news! Too Funny!!
The following pix were taken on my iPhone of Mike Huckabee, and my girlfriend's brother in law:


4 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

I totally missed it!! Can I have your autograph?

Lori Eilers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amain said...

SURE!
But it will cost you a chocolate cake:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am pretty sure I was up that early (in fact, Kaitlyn decided to wake up at 4:30 am). Should have turned on the TV... :)