Thursday, January 3, 2008

I say IOWA, you say CAUCUS!!!

That is the voice mail I got from favorite cousin Heather earlier today.
What a HOOT!!!
But what a FUN night this has been!!!
Come on, everyone, say it with me,
"I Like Mike!"

For the record, our precinct location had 2.5 times the number of people that they anticipated, and another friends precinct had nearly 10 times the number that had been anticipated.  That is simply AMAZING to me.  And I love it!!

This is a big deal.  It is a big deal for Iowa, and Iowans take it seriously.  The elections themselves are a big deal, and I hope all of the country will take it seriously.  The Iowa Caucus' tonight has set the next 10 months in motion.  But it is up to everyone else to take that baton and RUN with it.  

Let's GO!!!

3 comments:

Jena said...

I love it that people are actually practicing this amazing privilege that we Americans have!

Lori Eilers said...

Our caucus was PACKED!! Very exciting and a cool experience. I kinda surprised myself when Mic was asking questions about the process and I knew more about it than I thought. FCH...don't you wish you lived in Iowa? HeeHee. You at least need to come visit!

amain said...

Well said, Jena.
And I thought of you last night when a Ron Paul got up to speak. He was the 5th person to take the microphone, and after people talking about why they liked Fred Thompson, Mike Huckabee, etc, this guy got up and said, "well, I would like to thank the previous men for talking about why you all should be voting for RON PAUL." It was great! And his point was, that if you want a conservative president, Paul is your guy. It was good.
And way to go, PL, on attending your caucus...and on knowing more than you realized!