Sunday, April 15, 2007

90 Days

Josh preached an amazing sermon today on the 1st of Jordan Creek Family Church's 10 Commandments: Thou Shalt Turn Water Into Wine. Now don't go getting any crazy ideas. No water was turned to wine in service. And as a church, we do not promote drinking wine. It was such an awesome message, you should listen to it for yourself on iTunes (and then come visit us for the next 9 Commandments!) But what I came away with is that Jesus is in the business of TRANSFORMATION. He did not just 'convince' the wedding guests that He had turned water into wine. He actually transformed the water brought by the wedding servants into the best wine that had been served! Josh went on to explain that "Jesus did not come to give us information; he came to give us a transformation. He came to transform people." Revelation 21:5 says, "I am making everything new!" We serve a BIG God. My needs, your needs, are not too big for His abilities. And conversely, my concerns, your concerns, are not too small to be His concerns, either. So what is your "I have run out of wine to serve my wedding guests" situation? What has happened where you just have no more to give? I know mine. And I am trusting God to take that situation and turn it around for His glory by His miraculous doing.

And what does all of that have to do with "90 Days"? I was just so encouraged and motivated today that I have committed to reading the Bible in 90 days. Beginning today. I tried this once before, about a year ago, and made it thru Exodus. I LOVE that story! Then 'life' took priority. But I am going to give it another worn-out Mom try:) If you read this blog, hold me accountable~ ask me about what I am reading! Better yet, join me in my 90 day adventure, and we can be prepared for a miraculous transformation together.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Way to go, girl! I can't wait to see the blessings God pours out through His Word in the next 90 days!

amain said...

Can I just tell you that although I have read it before, I cannot put down the book of Genesis?!? It is leaving me with more questions than answers, though. Maybe I can convince Pastor Josh to teach on Genesis after we go thru Galatians and James later this summer...

hahainlala said...

You are a better woman that I....It has taken me 60 days just to get through The Distant Land of My Father and the book is only 372 pages!!! Think your Pastor Josh would catch on if you just read the Cliff notes???

All jokes a side I think it is a great goal. Good luck and I really do have faith that you will do it:)

Love,
yfc Heather
xoxo

amain said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Genesis is such a story of love, lies, sex, death, deceit...I am already a full day ahead of the reading schedule. Hopefully being ahead of the game will help me to stay on schedule when I get to Numbers:)

Dara said...

Leviticus is the killer. I made it to Joshua in the Challenge last year - it's sad I know but I moved to the new testament and then onto a devtoional book - I really need to attack it again...I think I will pick up in Joshua though...although Genesis is one of my favorite books of the bible.