Saturday, April 21, 2007

Scrap Mania

I have a confession...I have never been to a Scrap Mania at Archivers before last night. And I only recently began to scrapbook...1 slow page at a time. For those of you who know me, this must come as a surprise because I have an entire 'rubber room' devoted to stamping, paper, card making and general 'crafting'. I have told Mark for years that my 'spiritual gift' is in paper. Some people can sing a song of psalms, or pray like the angels, but for me, I have paper. (On a side note: for a church in the 21st century that meets in a movie theater, my giftings have expanded to include the computer. Love that!) But I digress. Last night made me a changed woman. A group of girlfriends got together to meet for a Scrap Mania. It begins at 5pm, and ends at 11pm. They provide dinner, snacks and pop. There is a fabulous open area with tables set up, and access to all of their die-cut machines and patterns. I don't know what I thought I wouldn't like about it, but I have always been reluctant to scrap with a group of people. That is 'my' time. Boy oh boy, did I have it all wrong! I accomplished far more than I have ever done working on my own, there was a greater sense of accomplishment being able to share achievements, and stories!, with my friends, and we were all able to get to know each other without kids pulling on our pant legs and asking for juice:)
So Dara, THANK YOU for organizing the night out. Let's meet there again ... SOON!!!

3 comments:

hahainlala said...

Okay, how is that we do not have one of these stores in Los Angeles?!?! I am so jealous! I might have to come to DM just to get Emma's scrapbook started (yes, I said started...I am good and collecting, but not so good at "doing") before she turns 2:)
Love,
yfc Heather
xoxo

amain said...

yes, yes, yes come to DSM!!! There are scrap manias on Friday AND Saturday night, so you could make a great weekend out of it! I'm sure Mark would be happy to watch all 3 of our cutie girls:)
love, yfc

Dara said...

you know heather - that huge room is open all the time and we could go in the day - and not pay a dime - run to one of the great restaurants for lunch = you could sooo get a great start on that book! :)