Sunday, April 8, 2007

EASTER

I think I like referring to today as "Resurrection Sunday" more than Easter. Easter is a great, fun day with images of a giant, friendly bunny hopping across the yard to hide eggs and leave baskets filled with all sorts of goodies. (This year he left Barbie eggs and Dora's Talking Horse Place and Trailer). And this year I was even inspired by Dara and Becky to have Easter dresses for the girls and myself~and it was fun! And all of that is great, but today is the day that we, as followers of Christ, remember and CELEBRATE the resurrection of Christ. As Pastor Josh reminded us this morning, this is the foundation of Christianity, and what sets 'us' apart from every other religion and every other person who believes that Jesus was a great man who lived and died 2000 years ago. The other day I asked Isabella if she knew the real reason that we celebrate Easter, and she said that "Easter is about Jesus". Great answer! Then I asked her if she knew the reason that we were put on this Earth~ if she knew 'the meaning of life'. She cocked her head to the side, in that characteristically Isabella way, and said nothing. I told her that we are here on Earth to honor and worship God. And she said, "Well, Mom, if we did not worship God, then the rocks would have to cry out!" Even better answerY

No comments: