Monday, April 2, 2007

Build A Bear




Isabella and Lisi would like to introduce you to our 2 newest family members: Princess Kitty Cat and JoJo Monkey (wearing a green Tinkerbell ensemble, complete with wings and a wand). Build A Bear is the end-all, be-all "treat" in our family. I held off on letting the girls go there until last summer, when Isabella was 4 years old. I thought I did pretty good:) But since then, we have added, oh, maybe 8 Build A Bear friends to our family. CRAZY!!! But I do have to thank the Bigsby's and Mr Robert, and Bill & Terri Byers for the gift certificates and cash to spend there~ the girls have a GREAT time! This time was on me, though. Iz had been asking to go since way before Spring Break. I kept putting her off, and then suggested that maybe they could go in St Louis, and then promised that we would not leave St Louis without new BAB friends (because Isabella was SURE they had different friends there!). And then we got sick on that Sunday night there, and cut our trip short and left first thing in the morning. So when we were all well, we went to BAB just because we could. And it was fun. Really fun. We had the store to ourselves, and the girls had so much fun deciding which friend was just right for them. I don't think that anyone who knows Isabella is surprised that she chose a pink kitty. And, well, the monkey is not a big stretch for Lisi, either:) But the Tinkerbell outfit on the monkey...still makes me chuckle....

3 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

Is it weird that I'm 45 and would LOVE to go to BAB? Will I ever grow up? Hope not.:)

amain said...

Had I known, we definitely would have invited you! It is fun~ especially when you have the store to yourself:)

Chef Stinson Family said...

Too cute! Mary made Julianna the Monkey for Christmas. "Bananas" has made Jules to happy - though she is wearing a pink and white Chicago Cubs outfit. Goes with her C Cubs PJ's! So Fun!