Monday, May 28, 2007

Making Memories



My Grandpa Lowe has often said, "you never know when you are making memories". But I am pretty sure that I knew we were making memories last week when the girls and I went to visit a miniature paint horse, 5 other full-size horses, and a menagerie of dogs and barn cats. Most of you know that Isabella LOVES animals. dogs, cats, horses~ she wants to get to know them all. Lisi, however, is very timid of all animals. We have been working on this and trying to introduce her to friendly animals, and we have definitely been making progress, but still, she does not have the same love of 4 legged creatures that her older sister does. So when we went to visit the horses, I fully expected to hold Lisi while watching Isabella enjoy herself. Boy was I surprised when Lisi ASKED to ride the horse! And she loved it!! So the plan for our summer is for the girls to take horseback riding lessons. Or maybe I should be calling it horse care lessons, because the girls will be brushing and cleaning "Frisky", the horse they will ride. They will also learn how to care for the tack, clean stalls, and feed the horses, too. And then they will learn how to ride:) You can count on seeing more pictures of Frisky as the summer goes on...

2 comments:

Angela said...

That is so awesome! Precious memories, indeed!

Lori Eilers said...

How fun! Brings back memories of pony rides when I was that age!