Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Weekend

I really had more of a Mother's Weekend, than just a Mother's Day. Lucky Me! Saturday morning started out with breakfast in bed, courtesy of Isabella and her pre-school class. I had 4 mini-blueberry muffins and Earl Grey tea. Very nice:) Then we did the Ruth Harbor walk, and as GREAT as it was to see such a great turn-out for the event, and know that money was raised, it was even better to spend that time together as a family. We do not do that often enough.
We came home, ate some lunch, and all 4 of us took afternoon naps. Lovely:) Then off to a Byers' (ie, Mark's) family birthday party. I think in years past the family got together every month to celebrate birthdays; now it is just a few times a year. But it is still fun to see everyone on a (somewhat) regular basis. Baby Kalea, who lives outside of Iowa City, just turned 1, and even though I KNOW she is 1, it still took me by surprise to see her WALK into the family room! I also found out that Jeff Leer knows more bizarre music trivia than I do. But here is the BEST part of the day...my Mother's Day gifts from the girls!!! My wonderful husband has begun a tradition of taking the girls shopping for me, and letting them choose the gift(s). Last year on my birthday I got 'Shaggy' from Build A Bear. Yep, I had been wanting one of those:) So Mark comes home and says to me, "remember, you have 2 very different girls". And with that, Lisi has me open the gift from her: a pink Barbie fishing pole. Yep, I had been wanting one of those, too!!! Isabella proudly hands me a beautifully done-up bag from Brighton: coordinating necklace, bracelet and earrings that she picked out herself. And although "Pop Garden" is not a style I normally would have chosen on my own, she was SO excited that I of course wore it all to the birthday party, and then again to church on Sunday. And as it turns out~ I love them!
Sunday was a slightly crazy day with Mark and I both volunteering at church, church itself and then hosting a Mother's Day lunch for 16. But we made it through, got to spend a beautiful day with family, and now I am veggin' out on the laptop. Does not get too much better than that:)
My Mom is borrowing my digital camera, so when I get that back, I will also post pictures of the AMAZING flowers she got and planted for me for Mother's Day. She has done geraniums for me in the past, and these are much more contemporary flowers. Very Cool!
I have often told Isabella that the day she was born, she made me a Mommy, and that was a VERY special day for me. Lisi coming along just 2 years later expanded my horizons of Mommyhood. I am very blessed, indeedY

No comments: