Friday, March 2, 2007

SNOW




OK, THIS is the kind of winter that I remember growing up in Iowa. Snow for days. School closing. The Mall closing. Building a fire, playing games and drinking hot chocolate. I LOVE this!!! Even Isabella, who loves school almost more than anything else, was happy to stay home in her jammies all day yesterday. Thankfully I have a stash of toys in the basement that Mark and I packed away before birthdays and Christmas, so the girls are playing with our kitchen and grocery store stands like they are all new. We have also baked cookies, played in boxes, ran outside in jammies and boots to get icicles, stamped and made cards, and watched movies. I'll be glad when Grammy & Papa take them tomorrow afternoon until Sunday morning, but for now, this is good...

3 comments:

hahainlala said...

Thank you SOOO much for posting pic's of the girls and the snow!!! I keep hoping for snow in LA, but when our low's are only in the 50's I just don't think it's going to happen:(
You should try making "frozen hot chocolates" for the girls. I am ADDICTED to them! Pour your hot chocolate over 2 BIG scoops of vanilla ice cream and "Bob's your uncle!" it is like a little slice of heaven in a cup:)
Love,
yfc Heather

amain said...

and if we could get out of our driveway, I would run right out and get some ice cream!
if you look VERY closely at the pix of the swing set, you will Isabella at the top of the slide ready to head on down in full snow gear. so cute...

Angela said...

This is what I dreamed of when we were moving here...a real NEED to sit in front of the fire and being 'cooped' up with my little family!
I love it!