Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy Grandparent's Day!!!

I have heard it said that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your own children as teenagers. I am so totally in love with my 2 sweet girls right now that I cannot even imagine them as teenagers, or having them drive me crazy as teenagers.
But I do know what a total blessing my own grandparents have been in my life. I love them so much, and consider each of them to be among my closest friends.
And what is REALLY cool about blogging about them on Grandparent's Day is that each and every one of them will be able to see this post as I have the most computer literate grandparents ever!
How cool is THAT?!?
I should also mention that my girlfriend, Jena, is the one who inspired me to write this grandparents post. Her's is so beautiful. She is so beautiful. How did I get great family and great friends???
Lisi, Grammy, Papa (my parents)& Isabella
@ a family wedding 2 years ago

Lisi, Grandpa Bill (Mark's Dad) & Isabella this summer.
I need to do an entire post about Mark's Mom, Grandma Kay.
Oh how I miss her every day.

GiGi & The Great One (my Dad's parents) @ a family wedding last month. They have been married 61 years!!! (and had their wedding reception at Hoyt Sherman place, as did Mark and I.)
GiGi gets double billing with this pix of Isabella.
I just think it is sweet:)

The Greats (my Mom's parents).
When I think of going 'home', I think of their home on Horseshoe Drive. They have lived there since 1954. I just love them so very much. My grandpa will be 95 this winter, and has put his 'life history' on the computer. He cannot see well, so my grandma has been his 'eyes' for this endeavor. I am not sure it has been her favorite way to spend time, but I so admire both of them for a) the desire to do it (grandpa), and
b) the computer-literate ability to do it (grandma).

Like I said, my grandparents just inspire me.
Not pictured, but equally as special to our family are my step-mom, Grandma Jill, and her mom, Great-Grandma Jackson. Each of these women (along with Great Grandpa Jackson) absolutely welcomed me into their lives and their families when I was just 5 years old. It was Jill who was first 'crafty' with me and took me to paint pottery looooong before it was 'cool' to paint pottery. Now she shares her love of doll houses and miniatures with Isabella and Lisi.
It has been such a blessing to me in my own life to learn that kids can never be loved by too many people:)
I so totally appreciate what grandparents and great grandparents contribute to our family today.
Happy Grandparent's Day
...now go call your own grandparents:)

1 comment:

Jena said...

you are the beautiful one! how did I get such great friends?! Also, what a sweet post!!! I am so impressed by your grandparents!I need to teach my grandma how to use a computer...starting with the power button! hehe