Saturday, September 29, 2007

e-mail from/ to GiGi

Honey, I've checked your blog several times this week and you don't seem to be doing as much blogging as usual. Have things slowed down? Or are you catching up on other things? Pls check in with me - I worry when I don't hear from you. God bless all. Love, giGi

GiGi~
Oh to have the time to blog!!! I was warned that Isabella going into Kindergarten would only speed up my life, but I truly had NO idea! Where does the time go??? Where do the days go??? (Other than getting sick as a dog last night) things have been wonderful at our house~ just so very busy. I have tons of pictures to post and alot to blog about...just no time.
I spend Monday mornings in Isabella's classroom just helping the teacher get paperwork ready for the week. I love being there:) And then Lisi and I are off and running for the rest of the week! I was SO concerned about what I was going to DO with her~ Isabella has taken such great care of her for these past 3 years! But what I have found is a Lisi-girl who I totally love:) And I can tell you that this is the LAST thing that I thought would come of Isabella going to Kindergarten. But Lisi and I just have a blast together! I even miss her when she goes to preschool 2 mornings a week! She does not nap, and that is why I am just so busy. There is no sitting down at the computer with a lonely 3 year old around:)
Tuesday mornings Lisi and I go to Mom's Group, and then usually to lunch at Happy Joes with a group of moms and kids~ CRAZY! but fun!!
Wednesdays Lisi and I stay at school and sit in on 'chapel'. It is probably my most favorite part of the week. This week Pastor Lori is speaking in chapel, but I love them all. Then Iz goes home with our friend Ellie on Wednesdays, and her mom takes them to "Sparks" at Valley Church. It is an incredible Bible program for kids. Isabella earned her Sparks vest on the 2nd night there by knowing the Pledge of Allegiance (which she learned in preschool) and knowing John 3:16 (which she sings from Bible School this summer). I am so happy for her, and PROUD of her!!
Thursday Lisi (and Colin) have preschool. I am doing an amazing study on the book of Romans Thursday mornings. Then Dara picks the kids up from preschool and keeps them for the afternoon. In theory, I have that time totally to myself, but these first few Thursdays have not panned out that way. Well, I guess we have only had 3 or 4 Thursdays with preschool, and 2 weeks ago Mark and I were traveling to Angel Fire (LOVED IT!!!), and this past Thursday Dara was sick, so I had Lisi.
Then Fridays Lisi and Colin go to preschool, and I pick them up and keep them for the afternoon. And man oh man is THAT a busy day!!!
My parents kept the girls last night, and driving them over there, I noticed my throat was really beginning to hurt. By 9pm I was just SICK, and this morning Mark took me to the drs office. Unfortunately, it is viral, and will just have to run its course. But she did give me a prescription decongestant that has made a HUGE difference. Mark took the girls to Panora to help my parents put the boat away. I slept until 3pm, and am now feeling MUCH better. Thank goodness!!!
Oh, and on Sunday afternoons Mark and I are hosting a "Life Group" for church. Generally speaking, a Life Group will have 4-5 couples who do a Bible study of some sort once a week. We switch it up every semester. So Mark and I are doing one on Love and Respect in Marriage...and we have 17 couples...with KIDS!!! YIPES!!! Total craziness, but fun! Our first session was this past Sunday, and the group voted to do a pot luck dinner every week. Thankfully I found fun plates at Target for 40cents each and just stocked up!!
Maybe I will just copy and paste this e-mail to my blog so everyone knows why I have been absent:)
I love this life that I get to live!!!

Love you,
Eeem

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard your life group was very full!!! Good for you guys! I wish we could join, too--but it just wouldn't work (which is probably good considering ya'll don't need another 5 people to join the craziness!).

Glad to hear things are going well and I hope you feel better soon!

Jen

Melinda said...

I've been wondering about the goings on over there too - thanks for the update, and MAN OH MAN have you ever entered into the swirling vortex that is the life of a school-age child! Hang on - it's wild, but FUN! I'm so happy to hear about your life group - you and Mark are perfect for that!

amain said...

Mumm5~ There is ALWAYS room for your family~ join us if you can!!!
Melinda~ Just so you know, you ARE my role model for enjoying this new phase of life that I am entering into...

Melinda said...

Amy Main - I just LOVE you! :o)

Jena said...

Missed you at church! Hope you are feeling better now :)

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You are adventurous!!! Hope you are feeling better :)