Friday, September 21, 2007

James 1:19

"Be quick to listen"
This is Lisi's memory verse for pre-school. Yes, a memory verse in pre-school:)
And she knows it!!
But what I am letting sink deep into my heart is the rest of the passage:

19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

The righteous life that God desires. I want that for my life!! James' words are not easy, but they are do-able.
Blessings to all of you for the righteous life that God so desires for each one of us.

4 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

I LOVE this verse as well! After first becoming a parent, I read all of James (and have MANY more times since!!!), but this is one of fav verses that I memorized, I needed to remember to be slow to get anger and answer. Thanks for the reminder, needed it this week!!!! :O) Especially today...

Unknown said...

WOW did i need to read this one today! i'm putting it on the bathroom mirror.

Lori Eilers said...

James is one of my favorite books. I think it just helps us in our everyday living.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.