Monday, September 3, 2007

oh glorious vacation

...from PARENTHOOD

My parents took Isabella and Lisi to Lake Panorama for the weekend, and Mark and I have enjoyed a vacation in our own home. And if you have young children at home, I think you will agree that is a glorious vacation.
Highlight of the weekend: we were invited to a BBQ at the Patterson's last night, and we were the only people without kids, and we were able to have a conversation! Actually, several conversations throughout the evening. When everyone else fixed a plate of food for their kids, cleaned up messy mouths, and changed kids in and out of swimsuits, Mark and I enjoyed our dinner and the company around us. IT WAS SO WONDERFUL!!!
But the girls should be home in (approximately) 3 hours and 33 minutes, and I am really ready to put some fun back into our family:)

3 comments:

hahainlala said...

Oh, that sounds like a LOVELY vacation:):):) Elisabeth watched Emma for us yesterday morning and Nick and I went out to breakfast then to a coffee house where we sat a read our books for 3 hours!!! It was the best use of a babysitter EVER:):)

Love,
yfc
xoxo

Angela said...

Are you saying Mark's no fun?

amain said...

ya, I'm not even going to touch that comment (lol)!!!