Monday, November 19, 2007

I Hope I Never Forget This Day




Today is a day that I hope I never forget. It was a great 'mom day'.
This morning all 3 of us girls woke up with a nasty cough, so I decided to let Isabella play hookie from Kindergarten. We hung out this morning, and then went to see Dr Hassel to let him work his chiropractic magic. Isabella is usually not keen on being adjusted, but she is so tired of being sick, I think she was simply willing to try anything:)
Then, on doctor's orders (hee,hee), we went to Campbell's Nutrition to taste test vitamin C tablets, and then to the bookstore where Isabella spent some of her birthday money on new hair clips with butterflys, and a beaded necklace with a cross on it. What a sweet girl she is:)
We had a light lunch at home, and then decided we were actually well enough to spend the rest of her birthday loot at Build A Bear. And that is where the real fun began!
We called Pastor Lori to meet us up there, and then we made our new friends "Snowy", a while polar bear for Isabella, and "Purply and Pretty", a purple hippo for Lisi. Pastor Lori had never been to BAB, so it was fun to have her help with the air bath, and choosing the perfect outfits, too:)
And then I totally broke the golden rule of playing hookie from school~ I took Isabella back to school at the end of the day so she could go to Girl Scouts:)
It was just another great day to be a Mom!

2 comments:

hahainlala said...

Next time I am sick I am coming to your house...you do fun stuff:):):) Just don't tell Emma! I don't want her to know what she is missing out on;)

Love,
yfc
xoxo

amain said...

We do try to make the most of a sick day:)
But the real trick is having that much fun when we are not sick!!