Thursday, November 1, 2007

Money Well Spent

Does spending $$$ within my own home 'count' as spending money???
Either way, the money I have spent with Isabella in the past 24 hours has been well worth it!
She has been begging to go to Build A Bear, and as much as I enjoy it myself, it is expensive, and we have alot of 'Beary special friends'.
In addition to begging to go to BAB, she has been nagging for 'just one more piece of candy' from Halloween.
So how does a MaMa fix 2 problems in 1 solution????
I bought back the Halloween candy!! And I joyfully bought it back to the tune of 25 cents/ piece. It seemed a little pricey when she was handing over those teeny-tiny Tootsie Rolls, and it took all I had not to laugh out loud when she opened up the Hershey bar, broke it into 12 little chocolate rectangles, and counted out 12 quarters for herself! But, hey, goal accomplished!!
AND, once she realized that she still did not have enough to buy a 'friend' at BAB (she made about $15.00 , though!) she offered to clean the playroom and do any other jobs around the house to earn more money!!!
We have never had an allowance for Isabella, but I am thinking that she is ready to handle the responsibilities and reap the rewards:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo love the idea. Especially the chocolate broken in pieces. I think I will offer Adele the same option - we just got the new BAB catalog in the mail for the C-Mas animals and she so wants to go. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration and idea!!! Sandy

amain said...

Hey Sandy~
Glad to 'see' you in the blog-o-sphere! There is definitely strength in numbers, so this will be an even better deal with us Moms working together, and our sweet girls working toward common goals!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you are always thinking outside the box!! I probably would have been saying no for days on end and would finally lose my temper :)

hahainlala said...

Can I sell Emma's candy to you?!?! You have a pretty sweet rate of exchange:):):)

Love, yfc Heather
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love that. Adele got a build a bear because of your awesome idea!