Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving

This IS my favorite holiday. I try to count my blessings every day, and I just love the idea of a day each year set aside for giving thanks. This year we are beginning a new family tradition~ we are driving down to Tablerock Lake with Mark's family and taking in the sites and sounds of Branson and Silver Dollar City. My friend, Jena, suggested it to us this summer when we were all vacationing at Tablerock. In a nutshell, this is the Bible belt, and it is not politically correct. We should have 5 days of celebrating JESUS being the "reason for the season". I cannot wait!!
For as long as I have known the Main family, they have had 'egg decorating contests' at Easter, and 'pumpkin carving contests' at Halloween, and in keeping with that tradition, I am bringing down the fixins for a 'gingerbread house decorating' contest. Definitely sit on the edge of your seat waiting for those pictures!!
Another plus for our family, is that there is limited Internet access for us at Tablerock. Isabella is already SO happy for that:) That said, this is my sign-off for the rest of the week...
Blessings!

2 comments:

Jena said...

I am wishing that I was in Missouri right now :) I hope you guys had a wonderful time down there!

hahainlala said...

Yes, yes, yes, Happy Thanksgiving. Blah, blah, blah....were the heck is a new post?!?! It has been 7 DAYS!!!! I need a "Main Event" update:):):)

Love,
yfc Heather
xoxo