Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Party

Aaah, the many joys of being a homeroom Mom! Today was our first class party of the school year, and it was just FUN!! Sandy May and I are working together as the HomeRoom Mom's for Isabella and Adele's class, and we are finding that we have a host of other great moms to help us. One mom read a story about the true meaning of Thanksgiving, Sandy put together a "Thankful Tree" and had each child either write or draw what they are thankful for, and then glue their leaf to the tree. It was adorable! And then another mom brought all of the fixins for the kids to decorate "turkey cookies". And while all of that was going on, we had munchie snacks and juice boxes.
It makes me already excited for Grandparents Day and our class Christmas Party, too!!
Isabella gluing her 'thankful leaf' to the tree
and decorating her 'turkey cookie'
I popped next door to check on Ellie's class party, too. Her Mom, Amy, made these super cute turkey cookies for the kids in Ms Greiman's class.

3 comments:

Jena said...

What was on Isabella's tree leaf?

Anonymous said...

So cute!

amain said...

Isabella wrote: "My family and Jesus."
Thank you for asking:)
I am not sure those would have been my answers when I was in Kindergarten. She inspires me to be a better person:)