Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Privileges Come, and Privileges Go

This is an update on Lisi, and her bedroom that was stripped clean a couple of weeks ago.
The initial impact was as significant as her initial reaction...there really wasn't one.
Talk about a Mom being beat down as low as she can go!
But I knew I had to stick with it. And in all honesty, with her room stripped clean, there has been no hounding her to clean her room:)
So here I am, on the eve of 2 weeks of Lisi having no privileges, and I am SO happy to report, that it has made a difference! She will probably never have Isabella's compliant personality, but she has been so much more fun to be with, and to parent.
About a week ago, Lisi had been really good for days, and I offered to give her back 1 privilege. Actually, I told her she had earned a privilege, and would she like her books back.
Much to my surprise, what she wanted back was her pink crocs...to keep them in her room!
Done!
But before the clock struck midnight that same night, the pink crocs were back in hiding. That girl just does not know when to give it a rest!!
But she did get them back the following day, and the day after that she got to the privilege of keeping her jammies in her room back...and then taken away before the clock struck midnight.
Unbelievable!
As of tonight, Lisi has all shoes and jammies back in her room, as well as some artwork on the walls:)
And since she is soundly asleep, I think these privileges will last at least until the morning:)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah Mom for sticking with it, you are so GOOD! Ynd yeah Lisi for finally getting it, I think....oh how I love our 3 year olds and how they can change in a blnk of the eye....

Lori Eilers said...

Way to go Amy..you didn't cave! Just remember...every battle won when they are a young child is a battle you don't face when they are a teenager. Or at least not as many. :) I'm so thankful for blogs so I can keep up with everyone's kids. Not the same but helpful.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are amazing! Don't forget it :) Parenting can be SO discouraging sometimes when I feel so defeated. :)