Tuesday, April 1, 2008

GiGi

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Grandma Mary. Since becoming a Great-Grandma, she is known in our family as GiGi. She is so much fun, and loves her family so much. She still has lunch with some of the Moms from her Moms group from when my Dad was a kid (and he will be 60 this month!)
Last week she fell and broke her hip, and it is just such a bummer. I mean, really, it is just a bummer.
She had taken their dog, Mickie, for a walk, and was taking the last set up to their front door, when she lost balance, fell, and broke her hip. She had surgery to repair the fracture, and will soon be transfered to a rehabilitation facility for another couple of weeks.
I wish I could find a way to put a light-hearted spin on this. The good news is that she IS OK!
I just love her and my Grandpa so much. Thank you to those of you who have prayed for her and asked how she is doing. The encouragement is wonderful!!!
And I will try to be more faithful in my blogging to keep you up to date.

4 comments:

Jena said...

she is in our thoughts and prayers!

Lori Eilers said...

Grandma GiGi is soooo special to me and I'm praying for her full and speedy recovery. She just oozes sweetness and love which I know is from Jesus.

amain said...

I could not agree more:)

hahainlala said...

I am so glad to hear that Grandma Gigi is doing better:) We have been keeping her in our prayers:)

Love,
yfc