Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New news from Mike Huckabee

If you know me, you probably know that I support Mike Huckabee for President.
I know John McCain is the likely Republican nominee, but in keeping with one of my many favorite Huckabee quotes, I believe in miracles, not just in mathematics.
Today I received the following e-mail from the Huckabee camp re: a new PAC to seek out and support candidates who have a vision of smaller government, lower taxes, stonger military, and the sanctity of family and life.
I encourage each of you to see beyond what the media touts as facts and imminent outcomes. Dig a little deeper, and believe in what could be. WORK to make the future of our country what 'could be'. Personally, I am believing in the 'could be', and am working to make it the 'WILL BE' for our future. As a country, we are headed in a poor direction for leadership, spending, education, and on and on and on. As citizens of this great country, we are the ones who were intended to be in-charge...not those who we elected to represent us. That is the KEY...those who govern us were elected to that position by us, to be our voice and to accurately represent our desires for our nation. Are they doing that????
Maybe you think they are. And if so, then continue to do what you are doing.
But if not, then WORK for a change!!! That IS the only way to change direction.
Whew. Allow me to carefully step down off this soap-box, and re-gain my composure. If you do not want to do anything, then don't complain. But if you feel the need or desire to complain about our current state, then DO SOMETHING about it!



Don’t you wish April 15 were just another spring day? I know I do.

Everyone, (that is everyone that isn’t a Democrat), knows that Americans are over-taxed and over-regulated. As I campaigned for President over the last fourteen months I heard that same complaint time and again when I sat down with families and individuals eager for change in Washington.

Many of these voters also felt that their Party needed to get back to its core principles: less government, lower taxes, a strong national defense and unwavering support for the family and the sanctity of life.

I campaigned to be the agent of that change and while we may have come up short, I remain (and I hope you do as well), undeterred and eager to make a difference.

Enter Huck PAC.

Huck PAC is founded on the principles that make America great: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. And because we believe! our Republican Party embodies these ideas and is best suited to lead America forward, we are committed to supporting Republican candidates nationwide.

We will identify candidates who hold firm to these principles, promote their campaigns and financially support their efforts.

Today I hope you will join us. I ask that you first sign up for my Huck PAC email updates on our new website and then make a contribution of $25 or more in support of our efforts.

You can be certain we will invest your support efficiently and in the most effective manner possible. We were known as the campaign that did more with less and we plan to bring that same innovation and spirit to Huck PAC.

Now I know the skeptics say the FairTax and massive tax reform is impossible to enact.! We will see. What I also know is that we won’t have a chance if we don’t have the courage and the leadership in Congress to see the task through to the end.

That is where Huck PAC comes in, because the path to a FairTax or additional tax reform is far more certain when you walk into a room full of small government, tax-cutting Republicans.

Help me make April 15 just another spring day. Support Huck PAC and tell your friends and family to do so as well.

With deep gratitude,

Mike Huckabee

No comments: