Monday, April 7, 2008

The Last Run of the Season

Literally...the last run of the season...Afton Alps closed for the season just hours after we left. And it was a great run. Warm and slushy, but a great run!! Isabella and Lisi took a quick, and in their words "not boring" 2 hour ski lesson, while Mark and I were able to ski on our own and break in our new skis. Such fun!! Then we joined up with the girls, grabbed a quick lunch, and went to ski as a family. We were SO proud of them for successfully using the chair lift, and despite the slushy conditions, both girls did a GREAT job. And once again, we had to coax Isabella off the mountain...she loves to ski!Isabella on the chair lift (with her instructor)
Lisi on the chairlift (with her instructor)
"I think I ski better with my tongue sticking out."~ Isabella, age 6
(pushing herself along in the slush by using my poles)
Isabella taking a break from Spring Skiing
(with a little, bitty snow man in the background)
Lisi taking a break from Spring Skiing at Afton Alps

6 comments:

hahainlala said...

Sounds like you had an "Izzyrific" time!!!!

Love,
yfc

hahainlala said...

Okay, I am a dork! I left my "Izzy" comment under the wrong post!!! Oh, well:):):)

Love,
yfc

amain said...

I love "Izzyrific"!!!

Angela said...

What PRECIOUS memories ... and ADORABLE (!!!!) pictures!

Lori Eilers said...

Can I be adopted and do all these fun Main things? Well, maybe not the cold stuff but you all have fun doing anything. Good times and great memories.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!!!!!!