Wednesday, April 2, 2008

still..."I Like Mike"

As I have been updating my blog, I again gave some real thought to my "I Like Mike" banner. Is it time to take down? Is Mark right that it is time to take off my "Mike Huckabee for President" bumper sticker?
My answer to both of those: NO!
Regardless of political primaries and the media, I still like Mike!
I love his comment that he was educated on "miracles, not mathematics". I believe with all of my heart that God is ultimately in control, and despite our poor decisions sometimes, none of it takes Him by surprise. He does have a plan. Our job is to be in-tune with that, and do the work that needs to be done.
I love this country.
Despite John McCain's comment on Late Night with David Letterman that the American dream is to own your own home, I believe that the American dream is to make it on your own! The American dream is to have the opportunity to work hard, and to then reap the rewards of that hard work. And if that means owning your own home, then so be it! But higher taxes for the rest of us to bail out those who were deceived into believing that they could afford, and even deserved, a more expensive home than they could reasonably afford, is NOT the American dream. Heck, TAXES are not the American dream. And on that note, have you checked out Mike Huckabee's dream of giving the IRS a big ol' going out of business sale??? It is called the Fair Tax, baby, and that is a tax plan that will not hinder the American dream.
I am not at all sure how it will happen, but I am believing in miracles, and I am still going to proclaim to all who will listen, "I Like Mike!"
Please consider joining me!!!

No comments: