Monday, April 14, 2008

What Do I Even Call This Post??? (hint: it is about Lisi)

So this morning Lisi was walking from her room and thru the kitchen. And as she passed me, she casually says, "since I am getting a new dresser in my room, it is OK that I wrote on mine".
WHAT??????
At this point, I have to say that I channeled every bit of parenting advise that I have ever had come my way, and I stayed really calm. I got down at her level, I told her that I love her VERY much, and I will always love her very much, but I was not loving the choice that she had just made.
Then I asked her to show me what she had done. And this is what I saw:






At this point I asked her to go in the other room while I worked to clean it up. She was very teary-eyed, but obeyed and went in the other room.
What I did not tell her, and may never tell her, is that her marker of choice was a wet-dry marker, and cleaned up in a cinch:)
Aaaaah, another day in paradise....

8 comments:

Sleep, what's that??? said...

Hee hee hee...
I am sorry to laugh! I have YET to see this! I've seen pencil on the wayll, but so far, not the furniture, no wait, Gavin did take a pen to my couch, he was trying to draw a boat! Hmm... Maybe I should'nt let him watch Jonah anymore... Oh boy, what's gonna happen when The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything comes out! HELP!!!
Good news, like you said, it came RIGHT off!!! :O)

Angela said...

Oh, you're a better momma than me on so many levels!!! I'm fairly certain I could not have maintained calm in the midst of that "storm!" ... AND, I would have made her clean it up!!!
Oh my goodness - its funny because its sort of one of those things that kids just DO - and since it came off easily, its easier to laugh!!
I'm still repeating in my head your advice the other day about the "maturity to handle that great big personality" - I find its become quite a good mantra when I look at Jadyn!! :-) So, thanks!

Jena said...

Hahaha! What cracks me up most is that she made sure to put her name on each drawer!

Jenn said...

Reminds me of Cale and his chapstick incident, it wasn't me and I don't know what it is? At least she admitted to it, not that she could have pretended it wasn't her with her name all over it.... I love being a mama!

hahainlala said...

Note to self...remove all markers, pencils and crayons from our house:) Okay, any other "mommy" suggestions for me??? Here I thought I was headed for smooth sailing once Emma got past the terrible 2's!!! Guess I was wrong;)

Love,
yfc
xoxo

Lori Eilers said...

This is yet another reason to write a book about Lisi...she's a real page turner. :) Gotta love that little imp.

amain said...

Oh My Goodness, Pastor Lori...YOU crack me up...
"Lisi...she's a real page turner."
I LOVE THAT!!!
and, yes, she is:)

Anonymous said...

She could have written Isabella on every drawer.
Grammy xo