Sunday, June 3, 2007

Tithing Time

I just cannot seem to shake this thought, but I did not quite know how to put all of these thoughts together, and then this morning at church, it all came full-circle for me. So here is the deal~ I fully understand the concept of tithing, and the enormous blessings that come with it. Josh also preached a GREAT sermon on how everything that we have has been given to us as a gift from God; all He asks is that we give 10% back to Him, and to make that 10% our 'first fruits'. God gets the 1st, and the best from us. But I am a stay at home Mom, and earn no income of my own. I know that we tithe as a family, and I know how richly blessed we are because of it. But I have often felt that by not being able to tithe myself, I, personally, I am missing out on blessings. I have had this thought for a long time now, and several months ago it came to me that because I am able to stay home with our children, what I have to give is time. I need to tithe my time. And it needs to be my priority, my 1st time of the day, and the best that I have to give. God has blessed me with every moment. What He is asking for is my time. Prayer. Devotions. Study. Helping. Giftings.

4 comments:

Dara said...

how challenging and what a great concept.

Lori Eilers said...

That's awesome, Amy. I know the Lord will honor your tithe.

hahainlala said...

Why do you have to go and get so "deep" on me?!?! Now I am feeling guilty that my 1st time of the day belongs to me and my Tivo. Guess this means all my "Judge" shows will be getting the boot! Bye-Bye Judge Judy, Bye-Bye People's Court....HELLO Heather's personal "reflection" time:)

Love,
YFC

amain said...

Hey, if Judge Judy is getting the 'best' of your time, I think you have greater issues to deal with (LOL)!!! Try as I might, my husband, cutie girls, e-mail and a cup of coffee are still getting the first part of my day. I am just working to keep my tithe at the fore-front of my daily steps:)