Friday, June 22, 2007

Things I Have Learned From Favorite Cousin Heather




  • Saran Wrap is not an appropriate food cover in the oven
  • Kung Fu Fighting is a great song to dance to
  • IQ goes up by 50% when blonde haircolor decreases (this was Mark's addition, not mine!)
  • Barry Manilow IS why someone should go to VEGAS!
  • "If you want to go to Italy, GO."
  • jicama is in her recipes, but not found at Dahl's Grocery in West Des Moines
  • pink is her signature color
  • friends stand behind friends when they boycott Target & Wal Mart (am I forgetting any???)
  • "Booger" can be used as a term of endearment for your stinkin' cute daughter
  • it is good to marry 'tall, dark and handsome'
  • water towers are not for climbing
  • flags of a foreign country are not appropriate evening attire
  • if you don't ask Heather to be a bridesmaid, watch out!
  • "not so much"
  • it is possible to be related, and great friends
  • a good MIL will spend a day and stand in line to buy you an "I'm Not A Plastic Bag"
  • it is good to be a great gift giver (hint, hint...my favorite cousin who is 1 month and 1 day older than me!)
  • everything is worth photographing...especially if her name is "Booger" (hee,hee,hee)
But most importantly, and this is Isabella's addition to Heather's birthday blog,
"Happy Birthday Favorite Cousin Heather!!!"

7 comments:

hahainlala said...

Ummm...it was a flower girl...you didn't ask me to be your flower girl and I am still trying to get over it:):):)

Thank you SOOO much for such a nice birthday blog:) That was so sweet! I checked out you blog and was stunned to see my picture staring back at me. I thought, "what the heck is going on?!?! Oh, that's right...it's my birthday!!!"

yfc

amain said...

I really need to scan a pix of you as my 'flower girl' and post that!
Happy Birthday!!!

love yfc

adrian said...

Just a few "Heather-isms" from AJL...

That ain't no camping song...
Kappa-City
What a lovely place for a BM
JOHN DEERE GREEEEENNNNN
DAHOMEY PLANTATION!??!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET HEATHER LENZ!!!

amain said...

OK, someone needs to e-mail me with explanations of AJL's "Heather-isms". Better yet, let's all get together and have a chuckle or two!!!

hahainlala said...

Sorry, but I was laughing sooo hard I just had to add a few myself:)

AJL- What about...
*She's the Queen of my double wide trailer
*I am pretty sure I know where we can find BBQ in the hood.
*"This is my friend, Tonya". "Tanya". "That's what I said"
*"I just want to see gators and plantations"
*Red Dawg

Love,
the birthday girl:)

amain said...

response from Auntie Kah, Heather's Mom:
Yes,
you need to post "Heather the flower girl" photo!
I LOVE that photo. And I loved your
Heatherisms! You girls are so funny....you sure
have great memories together as "favorite
cousins"! I never realized there were so many
"Heatherisms"...but I noticed they are all TRUE!

amain said...

And more responses from hahainlala, aka, the Birthday Girl:
Hi,

Just read AJL's post...too funny! Here is a
breakdown:)

That ain't no campin' song- We were listening to
Vince Gill's "Go rest high on the mountain" and I
think AJL said something like , "I think this song is
about his brother dying" and I said, "well it ain't no
campin' song".

Kappa City- All weekend Kappa Kappa Gamma kept
popping up in our converstaion. As we are driving down
the road (and yes, I am VERY tired) and I see a sign
and say "Look, it's Kappa City". AJL says, "ummm, that
would be capacity"

What a lovely place for a BM- We stopped at Lambert's
"Home of the throwed rolls"
http://www.throwedrolls.com/sikeston.html
We walk inside and AJL says, "what a lovely place for
a BM" Maybe you had to be there, but I laughed so hard
I think I was crying:)

John Deere Green- one of our favorite country songs:)

Dahomey Plantation- It truely is the name of a
plantaion in MS! I couldn't believe it so the whole
time I kept saying, "It's da'hommies plantation".

Love,
yfc
aka the birthday girl