Monday, July 23, 2007

10 Years Ago Today

10 years ago today my cutie husband and I had our 1st date.

And I did not even know it was a date!! It had been 15 years since I had first met his family, and for all of that time, I had thought that Mark Main was just a great guy. Mark Main, however, did acknowledge that I even existed. (In his defense, he does point out that at the time, I was 12, he was 16, and he had a driver's license and a Jeep!)
I had stayed close friends with his family, so when he called to ask if I wanted to go to dinner, I really thought it was just dinner. As I have often pointed out, I did not even buy a new outfit! And had I realized that it was finally a date with Mark Main, that definitely would have been worthy of a new outfit:)
We had dinner at Mondo's. And if you know me, you know the rest of the story because we have been together ever since.
I love you cutie husband!!

2 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

I'll never forget Randy's and my first date! He chose a Sunday night because his parents would be at church and couldn't ask him where he was going. Less pressure, for sure! We went to Pizza Hut where he confessed he had been engaged while in the Army. We then went to a movie at the Orpheum Theater in Sioux City. I can only tell you it was a comedy with Don Knotts and Tim Conway because I was so nervous I don't remember anything else. Must have been an awesome date, though....two weeks later we were engaged! Just had our 27th anniversary! Happy date anniversary you two love birds!

amain said...

I was just saying to someone that when Mark and I had our first date, I knew he was a great guy. Now, 10 years later, I had NO idea then what a great guy he truly is:)
I'm a lucky woman, that's for sure!!