Monday, July 30, 2007

Strolling Errands

I woke up feeling ugly today. I can only hope that I am the only person who has ever had to deal with this, because it is just the pits. And especially after my post yesterday about how God loves me, created me, and loves me unconditionally, feeling ugly should be pretty insignificant, but it was not. I just wanted to stay home and hide in my unattractiveness.
But I already had a sitter lined up for the day. Nothing special planned~ just a summer day with a teenager available to give me a day off.
So I did what any smart woman would do. I went shopping and got my hair cut.
Oh! So much better!!
And with a re-newed spring in my step, I set out to get something done today.
And then I realized that although I had the time and the means to get something done, there was nothing that I had to get done.
What a lovely feeling!
So rather than running errands, I slowed down, and I strolled errands.
What a lovely day it turned out to be...

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Ahhh...such wisdom.

Unknown said...

there is nothing like salon-fresh hair to brighten your day! i LOVE getting my hair cut. love it, love it, love it.

and YAY for leisurely days!

Dara said...

agreed - when I feel ugly - which is often, i fix my hair, do myself up - or better yet get the ole nails done, and a hair cut - that is the icing on the cake -
Its very cute too! I noticed it today and was trying to put my finger on what was different - then Pastor Lori complimented your hair and I knew what it was!