Monday, July 2, 2007

PLANTY

This post makes me think of Mr Randy. Isabella's naming system for stuffed animals, imaginary pets, and, well, plants, gives him a chuckle. And honestly, I love seeing Mr Randy get a chuckle:) But this post is about "Planty", the sunflower that Isabella planted as a seed in a plastic cup in pre-school this year. When Planty had clearly outgrown his cup, Grammy added him to the beautiful plants she gave me for Mother's Day in our outdoor planters.


Planty is in this planter, in the front corner closest to Lisi and I.

We decided on the best place to re-plant Planty so we could continue to watch him grow. (Wintston has been with us again this weekend. He goes home Monday morning...and when I say 'home', I mean his and Jen's NEW home in Colorado. Man are we going to miss both of them!!!)

You can see how Planty has thrived among the other plants!

Isabella with Planty in his new home. The little patch of grass next to planty is Lisi's 'hairy' that she planted in her pre-school class. Amazingly, both have flourished up to this point!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Not only is Planty a real looker, but that planter is OUTSTANDING! What a perfect style planter to go with your house!

amain said...

thanks! we finally did some 'finishing touches' and even have curtains in the family room!!! Mark and I picked out the planters, but my Mom did a great job of picking the right plants for them:)