Sunday, July 22, 2007

1st Horse Show

Today our family attended our 1st horse show. I know, I am stepping into dangerous territory. But Megan, who has been giving the girls 'horse care lessons' told us that she was showing today, and that it might be fun for the girls to see. I cannot say that any of us are 'hooked' on it, but it was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Lisi riding Frisky (miniature paint) at horse care lessons last Friday. I love to see her this happy:)
Isabella on Lacey, who is 16.2 hands! Ever since Mark and I got home from Alaska, Isabella has been telling me that while we were gone she got to sit on Lacey. I know you can hardly see her face in this pix, but it is a good pix to show just how BIG Lacey is!
Isabella on Lacey.
Mark and Lisi on the bleachers at the horse show.
Isabella making a new friend at the horse show.
Isabella intently watching Megan and Gunner jump. (If you look very closely at Isabella's lips, you can also see that she enjoyed discovering blue Icee's at the show:)
Megan on Gunner

3 comments:

Melinda said...

There is only probably ONE of you that will ever truly love it, and she is the one with the blue lips! :) How did Megan and Gunner do? Give her a hug from me when you see her next!

amain said...

Megan and Gunner did well! I know they came home with lots of bags of blue ribbon carrots~ love that!
She was planning on showing MoJo, but he hurt his leg the day before, so even though Gunner is young, she decided to give him a shot, and he did great!

Crystal said...

Hi Amy! I am a friend of Lisa L.'s. I was checking out your blog and read about you taking your daughters riding. I would like to take my daughter to ride too and was try to find a place in the DM area to do it. If you don't mind me asking, where do you take them?