Sunday, July 29, 2007

new Bible study

This past week I began a new endeavor~ a Bible e-study. And so far, I like it! My 1st Bible study was probably 5 years ago, and I went because I heard there was free childcare, and a couple of hours without a new babe sounded LOVELY. (I found out years later that we were actually suppose to donate to cover the cost of childcare...OOOPS!) Anyway, these days trying to co-ordinate time & schedules to get to a Bible study is just tricky. And then there is the study itself! But my friend Melinda e-mailed me with an idea to be a part of a womens e-study. Women of all ages and generations from all over the country meeting on-line to chat about how the book Designing a Woman's Life by Judith Couchman can impact each of our lives.
It is a quick, easy to read book. But chatting with each of these 29 women and hearing what they are pulling from the book really makes it all that more insightful. This past week was just chapter 1, and the main concept is simply accepting that God Love Me.
Think about it. Do you know that God loves you? Do you know that He loves you regardless of what you do, will do, have done, might do? He loves you because He created you. Could not love you more; will never love you less. He created you. He knows who you are, probably better than you know yourself!, and He loves you.
It is easy to write that, but still not so easy to believe it.
So this is what has been on my mind this week, and I get to church this morning, and our sermon is Identity Theft: I'm Not Good Enough. Crazy. God's timing is so amazing.
The 1st point of this morning was "A lie believed as truth will affect you as if it were true".
Let that one sink in.

Bottom line of this morning is that I am not the sum total of past experiences, and not even who people say I am.
I am new in Christ and who He created me to be.

I can do everything through (Christ) who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thank you for being part of this adventure...I think it's going to be an amazing journey. And, how could I not? It was God's idea!