Thursday, July 5, 2007

Des Moines


2 United flights and nearly 6 hours of travel, and we are still no further from Des Moines than we are living on Silverado Trail!
Who knew there was a Des Moines, WA???
Mark and I arrived in Seattle about 10 am Seattle time. We were tired when we got here, but still enjoyed a full day of sightseeing. Before we left home, I heard alot of "don't forget to come home" in regard to Alaska. Let me tell you, I could forget to come home from Seattle. This is an awesome city! Now, Mark would tell you that neither of us are much for another big city. And every place we have been today, we have heard that this is Seattle at its best (warm and sunny). But for right now, today, I am totally enjoying Seattle. It is relaxed, diverse, coastal, artistic and home to alot of friendly people.
Tomorrow we are starting our day at Pike Place Market.
I hope to be able to post pix of fish-throwing.
Then Mark is going to the Boeing factory/ tour.
I am going to Nordstroms:) Hey, this is home to their flagship store~ it's sight-seeing!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

If we were there, it would Kevin going to Nordstrom's!! He LOVES that store...am I lucky, or what??!!

Unknown said...

oh man, Seattle sounds awesome! have fun, you two lovebirds!