Friday, July 6, 2007

Seattle

What I have learned and observed:
* the 1st Starbucks opened here @ Pike Place Market in 1971 (who knew??? 1971!!!)
* MicroSoft began in 1975
* It rains less here than in Boston, New York or Miami
* Seattle-ites wear sunglasses...inside, outside, day, night...they wear sunglasses
* Every other person has earbuds in
* These are way friendly people
* There are nearly 300 Starbucks in western Washington
* There are alot more coffee shops than just Starbucks here in Seattle
* "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks"
(OK, I did not learn that one here, but I still like it:)
* It is among the busiest container ports in the world
* Nordstroms began here as a shoe store
* Fish at the Pike Place Market are LARGE, I mean HUGE
* Seattle is already beckoning me back:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE Seattle!! I hope you guys have a wonderful time :)

Angela said...

I've heard its a GREAT place! My flight-attendant-sister-in-law says its her favorite place in the US - that's saying a lot, since she's been literally all over the country! Glad you're having fun!!

Lori Eilers said...

Lucky...we miss you but pray you're having the best time ever!

hahainlala said...

Okay, I thought I would be fine with you being on vacation, BUT I am not!!!! I miss my favorite cousin!!! I miss you if I don't talk to you for a day and it has been almost a WEEK...can you tell I am going through withdraw?!?!

Love,
yfc who is missing you terribly:(:(:(