Tuesday, July 24, 2007

how I spent MY day!!!

Despite the kind, and generous!, comment from Lindsay(on Pastor Lori's blog comments), I am not a mere 25 today, but a much more satisfied 37 years old:)
And why, at 37, does it being my birthday put more of a spring in my step??
And what is really crazy is that it has been the most ordinary of days. TRULY!! Well, the extraordinary part was both girls being at Vacation Bible School for 3 hours this morning:) The ordinary part was that I relished the quiet and alone time to clean their play room. Go figure!
But while I was at it, I listened to a Focus on the Family broadcast with Ryan Dobson that was just excellent. I don't get enough time to just listen to encouragement like that. And, of course, I enjoyed an excellent cup of coffee while I was at it:)
What I also enjoyed were thoughtful blogs from my awesome friends Dara and Pastor Lori, excellent jewelry from favorite cousin Heather, a surprise gift certificate to The Spa from my step mom who found it quite by accident (it is my favorite place to spend my rare 'me time'!), and probably the BEST assortment of birthday cards I have ever received.
My cutie husband and I were planning on a birthday dinner out with our sweet girls tonight, but they are just having so much fun playing, we opted to stay home. Oh My Goodness!! And speaking of my sweet girls...Mark took them shopping to each pick out a birthday gift for me...
Lisi gave me a tiny, pink soccer ball "for our whole family to share",
and Isabella decided to shop at Archiver's and found an assortment of pink paper and stickers (many with a puppy theme). I think that gift is for our whole family to share, too (hee,hee,hee).
As I think back on how I have spent birthdays in years past, what was important to me at the time, and the people I chose to spend that time with, I realize that "older" and "wiser" really do go hand in hand. Enjoying my home, my family and my friends is the absolute BEST way to spend MY day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a WONDERFUL, AWESOME, SUPREME birthday (and it sounds like you did)! I am so thankful I have met you and I think you are a compassionate, caring person who is willing to listen and support your friends. Happy Birthday!