Saturday, August 18, 2007

...and everything on a stick

THE LAST SUPPER...IN BUTTER
This post is mostly for my (favorite cousin) Heather, who lives in Los Angeles, but longs to visit the Iowa State Fair, and still regrets missing the years of Butter Elvis and The Butter Last Supper.
I promised her that I would get pix of all of the food that we "ate on a stick"....
and can you believe that we only touched the surface of what was available????
MMM, mmm, good!

Isabella began the festivities with a chocolate covered banana on a stick (the pix of Lisi eating it were not fit to print on a family friendly website...if you know what a mean...
And even though cotton candy is not on a stick, it is definitely 'fair food'!

Isabella took this pix of me eating a pork chop on a stick, and it was DELICIOUS!!!
G-5 went for the corn dog on a stick, topped with mustard

deep fried zucchini!

corn dogs!

By this point in the night, Marlee, and everyone else, thought my pictures of all of our food was just plain silly. Oh, but this was chicken nugget on a stick!

6 comments:

Lori Eilers said...

As Rachael Ray would say...Yumm-o. Randy's fair fav are the mini donuts and pork tenderloins and mine is probably a corn dog. Or maybe the prok chop.

Melinda said...

I can't tell you how many times we have commented on how much we miss the Iowa State Fair! Emmie went to the Florida fair last year and came home saying, "those people don't have a CLUE about how to do a fair!". Frankly, if they don't have Butter Elvis, what's the point?

amain said...

Our sentiments exactly!!!

Anonymous said...

please tell me you got a deep-fried twinkie on a stick?! AMAZING!

amain said...

ooooh, that one will have to be first on the list for next summer:)

hahainlala said...

Okay, I think Emma and I will need to plan a trip to WDM next year around the Iowa State Fair:) It sure looks like we missed a good time!!! Hmmm...I wonder what the butter creation will be next year????

Love,
yfc