Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy 90th Birthday, Grandma Dinosaur!

Grandma Mary (aka GiGi), me, my Mom (Diane), Lisa (my aunt), Grandma Dinosaur
Maybe it is not 'appropriate' to broadcast a woman's age, but OH MY GOODNESS, if I look this good at 90, I will be shouting it from the rooftops!
Grandma Dinosaur is my Mom's Mom, and it is she and my Grandpa Lowe who I stay with when the girls and I go back to St Louis.
I love my Grandma so much, and am SO happy that she was here in Iowa so we could be together to celebrate her day.

Grandma, here is YOUR birthday blog!

* My Grandma was born and raised in Belfast, Ireland
* She has won several dance medals
* She met my Grandpa during WWII
* My Grandma can juggle!
* Her name is Dinah, and my brother Peter is the one who started calling her "Dinosaur"
* This summer she bought herself a new Cadillac, and had it pinstriped!!
* I take fashion cues from my Grandma, and have asked her to will me her wardrobe
* I lived with my grandparents during my college years, and look back on that as a high-light in my life
* My Grandma can knit, and made a beautiful sweater and booties for Isabella when she was born
* Her 1st great-grandchild is 6 weeks older than her youngest grandchild! (She also got a hand knit sweater and booties:)
* My computer-savvy Grandma will be able to read this blog~ How cool is that?!?

Happy Birthday, Grandma!!
I am already looking forward to celebrating next year on 08.08.08

1 comment:

hahainlala said...

Yes, it is true we have the COOLEST Grandma around:) Just a few things to add to the list...

1) I wish her painting skills had been passed down to me, but sadly I can't even draw a stick figure!

2) She remodels/redecorates her home more frequently than anyone else I know:)

3) She REALLY wants a MINI Cooper!

4) Didot is the BEST GRANDMA in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD:):):):)

Love,
yfc Heather
xoxo