Sunday, August 5, 2007

Isabella goes it solo

This has been a really busy week, and I am not going to do any of these postings justice, but here it goes...

Isabella's 1st solo ride on Frisky!!! Man, I am SO proud of her!!!

As proud as I was to see her ride with no lead-line, it made me really happy to see her have to work for this. Prior to this experience, her instructor had made sure that Frisky did what she was suppose to do and went where she was suppose to go. With this being all up to Isabella, Frisky got frustrated, and opted to just not move. Isabella had to quickly learn to think about what she wanted the horse to do before she took action. She had to 'steer' with her arms, and direct with her legs. It was a very good experience.

Frisky gets a good pat for being a good horse.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Man, I'm proud of her too! Go Isabella!!

Crystal said...

Hi Amy! I wasn't sure if you saw my comment before in a previous riding post, but I am a friend of Lisa L.'s. I am looking for somewhere to take my daughter riding in this area, and so I am curious where you take your girls? It looks like they have a lot of fun!! Thanks

amain said...

It IS fun, but we just ride with a friend who has horses. She is not an actual instructor, and is not insured for lessons, etc. But I will ask our friend if she has any suggestions. I have had a couple of other moms ask, too:)