Sunday, August 5, 2007

Backyard Adventures




Jordan Creek Family Church hosted its 1st 'vacation Bible school' this past week, and I have to say, it was a great success!
Our family has participated in other VBS programs over the past few years, and they have each exceeded expectations. But as I look back on it, what were my expectations?
I think more of a 'summer camp' experience. And on that note, truly outstanding.
But as I consider what my girls came home talking about and this past week's JCFC Backyard Adventures, this is a vacation Bible school.
I have been more than happy to have Isabella and Lisi coming home singing about Jesus, but this experience left them talking about Moses, Daniel and Joshua.
Now that is cool.
As a matter of fact, and I did hear this 2nd hand, but on Day 1, a Mom asked the kids if any of them knew about Moses.
Loaded question.
Moses is, hand's down, Isabella's favorite person in the Bible.
So she raises her hand, gets called on, and responds with
"Moses led God's people to the Promised Land."
"And I can tell you everything else about him, too."
(Jenn, correct me if I have that wrong. But I think that is pretty much the gist of it.)
Many thanks to all of those who worked really hard to bring this to fruition!!!

No comments: