Friday, August 31, 2007

Chapel Day



I have 2 favorite aspects of Des Moines Christian. Well, no, 3.
First~ a Biblical and Christ centered curriculum and school day. We strive for that in our family and in our daily life, and now that Isabella is somewhere other than with our family 35 hours a week, it is important that her school environment jives with our family life. Even writing that, I am surprised at just how important this has become to me, but it really is important.
Second~ Principal Lambert and Dr. Stouffer greet each child, every morning, as they enter the building. The day I took Awnna to school last year and I saw this, it really convicted me as to just how different this environment would be from our local school district. And now, even Lisi looks forward to it!
Third~ Chapel Day. Every Wednesday is Chapel Day, and every student and teacher wears their school polo shirt, khaki pants, a belt, and shirt tucked in. There are more than 360 elementary students @ DMCS, and all of them file into the commons area, sit quietly, and participate in a 30 minute chapel time. This week was the first Chapel Day of the school year, and it was mostly a welcome back/ introduction time. But last year the girls and I sat in on a Chapel Day when Pastor Lori spoke. Again, I was so convicted as to just how special this environment is. This week Dara and I were the only parents who stayed for Chapel (with Colin and Lisi, too), but I think that Lisi and I will be there most Wednesdays. It is a fun and encouraging time for me, too!

3 comments:

hahainlala said...

Is that your doll in the green dress in the picture with Iz????

Love,
yfc

amain said...

YES!!! I have been meaning to blog about her since Isabella brought her home from my bedroom at my parents house earlier this summer. Thank you for reminding me to do that! Oh, and if you e-mail me a pix of your doll, I will blog about them both!!! Won't Sha be so surprised?!?

love yfc

Jenn said...

Love her in her uniform, she looks so cute especially with her hand on her hips.