Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jordan's "Buddy Walk"






Saturday was a really fun and special day for our family. It was our local "Buddy Walk" to raise awareness for Down's Syndrome, and it was our privilege to be there with Jordan and her family. We were joined by our friends Anne & Mia, as well as the Singleton family.
I have to say, I did not expect all that had been prepared for the morning! Not only was there the walk, but there were craft stations, face painting, an inflatable slide and 'bouncy houses'. It was so much fun!!!
Oh, and there was also the BEST tasting Kettle Korn that I have ever eaten, and it was provided by Poppin Joes from Kansas City. You really need to check out this website, read about Joe, and then choose to purchase popcorn and gifts from Poppin Joes. I don't know that I have ever been that bold on this blog, but it is stories like this that truly make America great and full of possibilities!
But back to my friend, Jordan. She was so very happy at 'her' walk yesterday, and we were so very happy to be a part of her day!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for being a part of the day with us! It meant SO much!

Lori Eilers said...

Oh how I hated to miss the Buddy Walk but had a funeral to attend. Glad you all went.